Deal Lake Commission
Members For 2013
Don Brockel, Ocean, Chairman
Don Nissim, Interlaken, Vice-Chairman
Sue Henderson, Asbury Park, Assistant Treasurer
Bruce Fromer, Allenhurst, Treasurer
Erin Dolan, Loch Arbour, Secretary
Jason Jones, Neptune
Commission Clerk – Lorraine Carafa
Environmental Consultant – Dr. Stephen Souza, Princeton Hydro, LLC.
Engineer – Peter Avakian, Leon S. Avakian, Inc.
Attorney – Hunt Parry, Esq.
Web Master – Sam Hartung
Our mission is to provide leadership, guidance and resources to preserve and restore Deal Lake and its tributaries as a healthy and stable ecosystem. By actively serving as stewards of Deal Lake and its Watershed, our goals include:
- Educating the community, including our school children, to increase awareness and appreciation for the natural environment of the lake
- Providing leadership concerning issues related to Deal Lake within and outside our community
- Helping homeowners and public groups recognize and mindfully solve problems related to water quality, siltation, and lake restoration
- Serving as the liaison between lakeside communities, County agencies, and the NJ DEP to implement a Regional Storm Water Management Plan
- Proactively suggesting practical ideas to improve overall the environmental quality of properties through out the Deal Lake watershed
The Deal Lake Commission was chartered in 1974 by the seven towns surrounding Deal Lake.
1,657 total views, 5 views today